Terms & Conditions
1. To enable us to meet your requirements efficiently we require at least 24 hours notice. However, if the booking is of an immediate nature, we will try to accommodate but cannot guarantee the booking.
2. Parking in most instances will be included in your quote. However, waiting is calculated on a meter tariff basis.
3. No alcohol will be permitted ‘ inside’ the vehicle at any time under any circumstances. All alcohol transported must be stowed in the exterior luggage compartment, and should the vehicle require valeting due to negligence or alcohol illness a charge will be made which will be calculated to cover the cost of cleaning and subsequent loss of earnings.
4. Smoking is against the law in the UK and is not permitted in or around the vehicles.
5. Parking in most instances will be included in your quote However waiting is calculated on a meter tariff basis.
6.Taxi Lee On The Solent reserve the right to decline any bookings and to request any passenger to leave the vehicle if it deems his/her conduct to be unsuitable.
7. Unless otherwise instructed by the passenger, routes travelled will be at the driver’s discretion, in accordance with road, traffic and weather conditions, whether the route is the shortest or not. No allowance will be made to the hirer on the ground that the route adopted is not actually the shortest. Neither Taxi Lee On The Solent or employees will be responsible for any delay caused by traffic, weather or unforeseen circumstances.
8. Every effort is made to provide the type of vehicle that is requested, however, no liability will be accepted if this is not possible. An alternative vehicle of similar specification will be supplied in this event. We reserve the right to supply a Higher specification vehicle, including those of other operators than the one ordered. No additional charge will be levied provided that the extra seats or facilities or capacity are unused.
9. The carriage of luggage is entirely at the owner’s risk, Taxi Lee On The Solent will not be held responsible for any damage to, or loss of personal property carried within the luggage area or within the passenger area of the vehicle. In most circumstances, we will be able to provide for most luggage needs. However, if you have any specific needs you should contact us.
10. Every endeavour is made for the faultless running of the vehicles, but no responsibility can be accepted for any breakdown whatsoever or any additional expense or loss incurred by the client/s or passenger/s thereafter. All vehicles are cleaned prior to departure, but no liability can be accepted for clothing etc., being marked, stained or dirtied by road dirt, oil or grease from any part of the vehicles.
11. All our vehicles are fitted with seat belts conforming to EU regulations, it is up to the hirer (not the driver) to ensure that seat belts are worn Taxi Lee On The Solent will not be held responsible for any claims resulting from the non or misuse of seat belts.
12. All invoices are deemed correct if not queried within 24 hours of the journey.
13. Cancellations are normally fully refunded however if the driver is dispatched the refund will be calculated on a percentage travelled ratio.
14. If you have a problem or complaint it is essential that you inform the driver or Taxi Lee On The Solent immediately. if you wish to make a formal complaint, please notify our office in writing no later than 7 days after your planned journey.
15. Taxi Lee On The Solent reserve the right and without prior notice to amend, change, delete or add to these terms and conditions whenever necessary.